If you weren't able to make WordCamp Seattle in June, or didn't catch the livestream,…
The release of 3.4 is around the corner, sometime in May. It has some great new features, especially around the theme options. In this video I will show you the major features using the Beta 1 version. On the WordPress.org blog they list them as this:
- Theme Customizer with Previewer
- Flexible Custom Header Sizes
- Selecting Custom Header and Background Images from Media Library
- Better experience searching for and choosing a theme
I must admit though I didn’t find the feature claiming flexible header sizes. So we’ll see when that is clarified.
Also, for you developers, which I didn’t include in this video, under the hood you will also find:
- New XML-RPC API for external and mobile applications
- New API for registering theme support for custom headers and backgrounds
- Performance improvements to WP_Query by splitting the query (Please test!)
- Internationalization improvements (improved performance and locale support)
- Performance and API improvements when working with lists of installed themes
So enjoy the video and feel free to share your thoughts or comments on the new features.