The release of 3.4 is around the corner, sometime in May. It has some great new features, especially around the theme options. In this video I will show you the major features using the Beta 1 version. On the WordPress.org blog they list them as this:
- Theme Customizer with Previewer
- Flexible Custom Header Sizes
- Selecting Custom Header and Background Images from Media Library
- Better experience searching for and choosing a theme
I must admit though I didn’t find the feature claiming flexible header sizes. So we’ll see when that is clarified.
Also, for you developers, which I didn’t include in this video, under the hood you will also find:
- New XML-RPC API for external and mobile applications
- New API for registering theme support for custom headers and backgrounds
- Performance improvements to WP_Query by splitting the query (Please test!)
- Internationalization improvements (improved performance and locale support)
- Performance and API improvements when working with lists of installed themes
So enjoy the video and feel free to share your thoughts or comments on the new features.