Do you have a product that would benefit our readers?
This could be as specific as a WordPress plugin or theme, or as general as a SaaS product that helps WordPress blog, site or online store owners to grow and increase their sales.
I have been using WordPress for over a decade and taught thousands of users. Before that, I dove into digital technology as best as I could with the tools available. Over the life of this blog we have published tons of content. As a result, we have grown our readership to hundreds of thousands of visitors each year. We continue to do just that but, obviously, we cannot cover everything.
What Is a BobWP Sponsored Post? Is it a Review?
Think of it as an educational post that lies between a review and a tutorial.
We used to call them reviews, but the fact was, they were considerably different from the reviews you might read on other sites. We don’t list the pros and cons. We aren’t here to bash your product. We simply want to share its features, strengths and let our readers make the final decision. It’s more about educating than reviewing.
It Gets You Guaranteed Publication
We cannot possibly cover all the great products out there. Sure, we continue to make our own editorial decisions on what we publish, but this option gives you the opportunity to share yours with our readers.
The fact is, people love our posts because we don’t pull any punches. I write them in a way they can understand, and I help them walk away with a better sense of exactly what the product can do for them.
And you get guaranteed publication.
What Can You Expect in the Sponsored Post?
Understand that you are not simply paying to have your product on our site. You are paying for the time it takes us to write a post like this, the style that our readers have come to love in our writing and the exposure to our audience.
There are three things you need to know.
- Our goal is to provide our readers with the options out there for starting or growing their WordPress sites.
- We write all our sponsored posts and do not accept guest-written sponsored posts.
- Posts are not available for review before publication.
What Kind of Traffic Can You Expect?
We have often been asked how much traffic any one post can expect to receive. Well, this impossible to estimate. The response will all center around what your product is, and what is does. We have had sponsored posts that get a few hundred views while others have been significantly more. One sponsored post is in our ton ten posts visited.
Also, keep in mind that our site’s traffic is 80-90% organic search. So likely it will be more of a long-tail when it comes to traffic vs. day of post.
Over the last 6 months we have averaged 40K – 50K visits a month.
- Twitter followers: 13.6K
- Facebook page followers: 1.4K
- LinkedIn Connections: 3.1K
Text & Screenshot Sponsored Post – $500
These sponsored posts include:
- In-depth text and screenshots describing your setting, options and features
- Social shares:
- Twitter: 5 shares day of publication. Shared once a day for 3 days within the following week (excluding weekends)
- Facebook: 2 shares day of publication.
- LinkedIn: 2 shares day of publication
- Guaranteed publication in our feed and newsletter
- Guaranteed shares on social media day of publication and 3 times thereafter
- Additional sharing off and on over the next 3-4 months
Optional: 5-10 Minute Screencast/Video + $250 (this can only be purchased with the text & screenshot sponsored post)
If you would like a 5-10 minute video added to your post, this option is for you. I will go over the most important features of your product as well as the benefits they will get from using your product. I will also add in some personal perspective as well.
Note: this video is an add-on to the sponsored post and cannot be purchased separately.
A few more things to note:
If you have an affiliate program and I am not already part of it, we would like the option to be able to join it as you will get more continued exposure on social media beyond what you get above
When Can You Expect the Sponsored Post to be Published?
When payment is made we will let you know when the post will be published. Since this is determined by our editorial calendar, we cannot guarantee publication on any specific date.
Just a few things you need to agree to:
- If your product is a WordPress theme or plugin, it is compatible with the GNU General Public License v2 or later
- We don’t do reviews for product resellers
- All links are no-follow
- Our price is set and we will not negotiate
- We will not do a review simply by becoming an affiliate
- Request of post updates are not available and we may choose to update it ourselves
- We have the right to turn down your request, with a full refund
- Otherwise, all reviews are non-refundable
Is This Your Product?
If you feel a post on your product requires us to use it ourselves for any period of time in order for us to write about it, unfortunately we cannot write a post on it as it may not fit our own needs nor can we add the extra time into what we are doing for the price of our service.
Want A Bit More Exposure?
If you would like to consider even more exposure, check out our 1-Month Sponsorship package that includes both the text/screenshot and video post, but also an ad placement in our sidebar at the top of all posts for an entire month. In addition, you’ll get a spot as a guest on the BobWP eCommerce show and some extra social shoutouts throughout the month.
Book Your Sponsored Post
Just fill out this short form and once we have approved it, you will be sent an invoice to be paid by Stripe or PayPal. Once payment is made we will send you available dates and a link to a form to give us further information.
If you still have a question about our sponsored posts, you can contact us here.