I am excited to chat with Rahama Wright, founder and CEO of Sheayeleen.com, a social enterprise that is dedicated to empowering women in West Africa and the United States through the production, sale and use of shea butter products. Her story is amazing and we hear not only how and why she started, but also her own challenges and successes along the way.
We chatted about:
- The story behind their products and online store
- Why they chose to use WordPress and WooCommerce
- The challenges they have experienced with their efforts behind online marketing
- How they have found social engagement to be not as easy as expected
- Why they chose to produce their products themselves
- What she feels is important when empowering women through her business