When it comes to finding your product ID, well, believe it or not, it’s pretty easy.
Why Do I Need to Know My Product ID?
You may be here already because of the frustration of needing to find your product ID in WooCommerce and Google sent you this way. But if not, often there will be settings in some themes or plugins that will ask you for this.
An example might be a plugin that list WooCommerce categories. It may give you the option to exclude certain categories in that list, but it doesn’t allow you to do it by the category name, but by the category ID. Or maybe the same applies for listing some products. In any case, if you don’t know where to find it, it can be a pain.
Watch the video and/or continue to read the post
Finding Your WooCommerce Product ID
WooCommerce makes it simple. All you need to do it rollover the product, as you can see here on your products page.
Now if you are in editing the product, and don’t want to have to head back there to find its ID, there is another shortcut.
Just highlight the URL in your browser and and it will show you the post number in the long URL. That post number is your product number.
Sequentially Set Up Your Product Order Numbers
The thing with WooCommerce product ID’s are they will not be sequential. This can be very frustrating when you are importing, exporting or working with stored data. To solve that problem, you might want to consider checking out the WooCommerce Sequential Order Numbers Pro extension. Here is a post that will show you how it works.
Looking to Enhance Your Products?
Here is a list of several of my posts that will help you extend functionality beyond the basic WooCommerce product settings.
- Adding Gift Wrapping
- Create Minimum and Maximum Quantities Based on Roles
- Create a Waitlist for Out-of-Stock Products
- Give Customers a Way to Send You a Product Question
- Save to Buy Later
- How to Sell Photos
- How To Improve SEO for Used Products Sold
- Give Customers an Easy Way to Compare Products
- Let Customers Calculate the Cost of Products Based on Measurements
- Remove the Quantity Field Without Code
- Allow Customers to Login via Social
- Add Fees with Conditional Logic
- Automatically Add Linked Products Together in the Cart
- Create Bulk Discount and Role Pricing