Well, WordPress 4.0 was just released and if you haven’t had a chance to explore it yourself, or visit the one of many sites that have already talking about some of the more prominent new features, watch my video. I go over the five changes that I feel most affect any WordPress user, and also give you some comparisons between 3.9 and 4.0
You will discover
- The new media library grid.
- A cool interface when looking for new plugins.
- How embeds show up differently in your visual editor. (Note: there is a specific embed you will want to use)
- What the new screen option — Expand the editor to match the window height — does for your editor window.
- And something they took away in 3.9 and brought back.
Also, not included in the video, you now have the option to choose the language. Users can choose the language for their site as the first step of the install process, and the rest of their installation will continue in user’s chosen language.
Of course there are always new fixes and improvements to the guts of WordPress and probably some things that really turn on the devs, but for this post we are sticking with these five goodies.